Pinerest + Traffic = Worthless?
An offshoot of discussion about Pinterest often leads to questions of traffic:
- does and can Pinterest drive traffic to a website?;
- if a website does receive an increase in traffic, what does that mean?;
- what action if most beneficial for a website owner to take to convert the traffic to take some kind of action?
Tony Clark, COO of Copyblogger Media, explores these and other questions in his insightful post here:
Is Pinterest Traffic Worthless? | Copyblogger
"At Copyblogger Media, much of what we do is guided by data — traffic patterns, market analysis, feedback, customer input, and conversion scenarios. And the increased Pinterest traffic we receive is treated no differently."
Much food for thought, eh?!
Mr. Clark's advice to do due diligence when looking at the traffic that comes to your site from Pinterest is spot on.
Website owners will be able to discover how to make improvements to their site when they develop specific goals for the traffic received from Pinterest, such as
- working with the traffic, and
- developing best practices.
You're invited to post your comments below.
We'll be exploring and recording metrics from the traffic coming to our Pinterest boards and posting the results here.